Identity Theft Protection
Our security measures help keep your personal information secure and include tools you can use to recognize and stop attempts to breach your accounts quickly. Some are built right into our products, and some you can opt into if you choose.
Secure Online and Mobile Banking include built-in security features
Our online platform and mobile app are passwords protected with a high encryption level, plus a firewall to block your financial information from outsiders.
What you can do: Create a unique user ID and strong password, and make sure you have the latest operating system on your computer and our latest app on your mobile device.
Voice ID technology confirms it’s you when you call us
Voice ID technology authenticates your identity by the unique characteristics of your voice when you call Customer Care. It saves time, and it’s one less security question you have to remember the next time you call. We can get right to the purpose of your call instead. You know how a fingerprint is unique? Independent research shows that a voiceprint is, too.
What you can do: We can start creating your voiceprint the next time you call.
Account alerts keep you informed about your transactions
Set up alerts in your account, so it’s easy to stay on top of important account activity. Alerts can appear as email, push notifications via a mobile device or a text, and can notify you about your account balance, deposits withdrawal activity, payment due dates and more. You can choose what alerts you receive.
What you can do: To set up alerts, log in to Online Banking and select “Alerts” in the top right corner.
Personal Chip Cards offer contactless, encrypted transactions in stores
You might notice Kennebunk Savings debit cards include a little silver chip. All of the cards have them now. That small chip adds an extra layer of protection that makes your card information more difficult to steal or copy. When it interacts with a chip-enabled reader, it creates a unique single-use code to validate the transaction.
What you can do: Make sure you have the most current Kennebunk Savings debit card. If you don’t, request one.
More self-help tips to protect yourself and your accounts from fraud
- Use different and strong passwords for websites.
- Changing your passwords regularly.
- Always log off and close your browser to prevent any unauthorized access.
- Install automated anti-virus software and keep it current.
- Backup all your important files regularly.
- Scan regularly for spyware and adware.
- Don’t open attachments, click on links, or respond to emails from unknown senders.
- Do not give personal information, like passwords, account numbers, debit card numbers, or your social security number to anyone via email or over the phone unless you initiated the contact.
- Never share this information with anyone.
- Never leave your laptop or mobile device unattended.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi when making purchases.
Watch out for…
- Beware of emails, pop-up requests, and text messages requiring an urgent reply.
- Note when new operating systems and application updates are ready to install. They’re designed to add features and fix security holes that could otherwise leave your system vulnerable to hackers.
- Ensure you’re using a secure connection when you provide confidential information online.
- Keep your information up to date with the bank, including your current phone numbers and your mailing and email addresses.
- Know that we will never ask you to share any confidential information unless you initiate the call.