How to Switch Banks

Welcome to the neighborhood! Our promise to you: a hassle-free experience as you make the transition to Kennebunk Savings. If you feel a little stuck and aren’t sure where to begin, check out our step-by-step guide below. If you have any problems, call us at 1-800-339-6573 for assistance.

  • Open your new account at Kennebunk Savings.
    You can either go online or visit one of our branches.
  • Set up mobile and online banking.
    They’re free with almost any Kennebunk Savings account. You just have to sign up to activate them once you get your account. We suggest you do this because it’s easy to log in and see when payments and deposits begin transitioning. Start here.
  • Locate your new account details.
    Your account number is located at the top of your Account Agreement (sometimes called a Signature Card). If you opened your account in person, this document is usually the top page in folder of documents we give you. If you opened your account online, you’ll see a screen at the end of the process that allows you to download your account agreement.
    The Kennebunk Savings routing number is 211274502.
  • Review your two most recent statements from your prior institution.
    Use a highlighter to mark any direct deposits and monthly recurring charges.
  • Contact merchants that receive automatic payments from you.
    Update your billing information with merchants by phone or email.
  • Contact income sources.
    Reach out and update your account information with any income sources, like direct deposit or Social Security. If you do receive Social Security benefits, you can find more information about changing your direct deposit information here.
  • Confirm your new Kennebunk Savings account now receives all payments and deposits.
    It may take a month or so, but then you’ll know it’s safe to close your previous account. You should also receive a statement from your prior institution to confirm there’s no automatic activity. You don’t want to inadvertently let a bill go past due or experience a delay in receiving income.