Before your trip:
It is highly recommended to put a Travel Alert on your debit card(s)/credit card(s) that you plan to use while traveling. Please reach out to Kennebunk Savings to communicate your plan to travel outside of the local area (whether within the United States or Internationally) if you plan to use your debit or ATM card.
Ways to contact us
- Call Customer Care at 1-800-339-6573.
- Use your mobile banking app on your device or tablet.
- Visit us at a local branch.
Travel Alert information
- Exact travel dates are important to ensure the card isn’t shut down for suspected fraud while traveling, and to better recognize fraud when they return.
- Where are you traveling? States for US travel and the Country for International travel.
- Please understand that the card may not work due to situations out of our control (network issues, merchant terminal problems, card damage etc.) Therefore, it is always best practice to use a credit card whenever possible and to have a backup card (debit or credit).
- Travel Alerts and unblocking are not immediate. They are typically done twice a day, in the morning and late afternoon as the bank has to manually enter them.
- It is a good idea to check the card at an ATM (Balance Inquiry) or make a purchase before leaving, to make sure the card is working properly and is active.
- Make a list of important international phone numbers for reporting lost or stolen cards.
- Confirm contact information is up to date so we can contact you if we detect unusual activity.
Options to order foreign currency before departure
If time allows, you may purchase/order foreign currency ahead of your trip through the following Currency Exchange Offices:
Currency Exchange at the Portland Jetport:
1001 Westbrook St
Portland , ME 04102
Currency Exchange International, Corp.
100 Huntington Ave. Boston, MA. (Located in Copley Square, Boston)
Once you arrive at your destination
You may use your Debit Card/Credit Card to make a withdrawal (of foreign currency) at an ATM in the foreign country.
Most international airports and major cities will have foreign currency ATM’s available. (Please be aware that you may incur a foreign transaction fee when using your debit card abroad.
Need to contact Kennebunk Savings while you are out of the country?