Skip to main content
Press Enter to search

Boat and Recreational Vehicle Insurance

Did you finally buy that boat? Congrats! We know you can’t wait to get our on your next adventure – we appreciate all the natural beauty this region has to offer, too. But first, let’s protect your investment.

Jump to:

Boating and RV insurance coverage for fun moments with family and friends

Enjoy peace of mind knowing we’ve got you covered with a reliable boat and recreational vehicle insurance policy. Know that your lender may require certain coverages when you purchase a boat or recreational vehicle, and we can talk about that. Your policy could include:

  • Bodily Injury
  • Property Damage
  • Hull Coverage
  • Collision
  • Comprehensive
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
  • Medical payments

Terms to know

Understand what you’re paying for and why.

Bodily Injury

  • One of the most important coverages of your insurance policy.
  • Covers you if you cause an accident in which someone else is hurt or killed.
  • State laws differ as to how much you are required to carry.
  • Our insurance professionals recommend carrying at least $100,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence – commonly expressed as 100/300.

Property Damage

  • Covers you if you damage someone else’s property.
  • Includes cars, buildings, utility poles, garage doors and other physical property.

Example: Say you’re loading your boat into the water, but you accidently damage the public ramp. Property damage insurance covers you.

Hull Coverage

  • Covers physical damage to your boat.

Example: If you’re driving your boat and your hull hits something in the water that causes damage, you’re covered. Or, if a tree limb falls on your boat while it’s parked in your yard for the winter, you’re covered.


  • Covers your vehicle repairs or replacement.
  • You may have to pay a deductible out of pocket before the insurance kicks in for the repairs.

Example: If you crash your ATV while making a tight turn on a trail, this insurance will cover you.


  • Covers your recreational vehicle if it becomes damaged in ways that don’t involve a collision.
  • Also protects your recreational vehicle from events like fire, falling objects, flood and theft.

Example: If you’ve parked your snowmobile near your house and it’s damaged by ice falling off the roof, this coverage protects you.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist

  • Covers medical and other expenses when a driver hits you without insurance or inadequate limits of insurance.

Medical Payments

  • Acts as primary coverage for medical expenses for you and any passengers injured in an accident, regardless of fault.
  • Please note that states have different laws regarding this coverage.



Want to talk about your insurance options?

You can request a quote now or give us a call to discuss your options at 1-800-794-2941.