Our security measures protect every level of your business. Keep your customer information and your bottom line safe with services and tools designed to build confidence and peace of mind into your day-to-day.
Secure online cash management provides multiple levels of security
Security tokens and multi-level permission controls let businesses define and limit employee access and activity to online banking accounts, so there’s never any concern about cashflow.
Account alerts keep you informed about your transactions
Set up alerts in your account, so it’s easy to stay on top of important account activity. Alerts can appear as email, push notifications via a mobile device or a text, and can notify you about your account balance, deposit withdrawal activity, due payment dates, and more. You can choose what alerts you receive.
Voice ID technology confirms it’s you when you call us
Voice ID technology authenticates your identity by your voice’s unique characteristics when you call Cash Management Services. It saves time, and it’s one less security question you have to remember the next time you call. We can get right to the purpose of your call instead. You know how a fingerprint is unique? Independent research shows that a voiceprint is, too.
To set up alerts, log in to Online Cash Management or Online Banking, and select “Alerts” in the top right corner.
Debit Business Cards offer contactless, encrypted transactions in stores
You might notice Kennebunk Savings business debit cards include a little silver chip. All of the cards have them now. That small chip adds an extra layer of protection that makes it more difficult to steal or copy information. When the card interacts with a chip-enabled reader, it creates a unique single-use code to validate the transaction. It can’t be replicated in counterfeit cards.
If your business accepts debit and credit card payments, protect your customers and your business and use chip-activated terminals for in-store prices. Contact your merchant services provider to update your terminals or contact Kennebunk Savings to learn more.
More self-help tips to protect yourself and your accounts from fraud
- Use different and strong passwords for websites.
- Changing your passwords regularly.
- Always log off and close your browser to prevent any unauthorized access.
- Install automated anti-virus software and keep it current.
- Backup all your important files regularly.
- Scan regularly for spyware and adware.
- Don’t open attachments, click on links, or respond to emails from unknown senders.
- Do not give personal information, like passwords, account numbers, debit card numbers, or your social security number to anyone via email or over the phone unless you initiated the contact.
- Never share this information with anyone.
- Never leave your laptop or mobile device unattended.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi when making purchases.
Watch out for…
- Beware of emails, pop-up requests, and text messages requiring an urgent reply.
- Note when new operating systems and application updates are ready to install. They’re designed to add features and fix security holes that could otherwise leave your system vulnerable to hackers.
- Ensure you’re using a secure connection when you provide confidential information online.
- Keep your information up to date with the bank, including your current phone numbers and your mailing and email addresses.
- Know that we will never ask you to share any confidential information unless you initiate the call.