SECURITY AND FRAUD
Bank with Confidence
Our fraud services
Our Fraud Services include tools that monitor for suspicious activity on your debit card 24/7. When a transaction is not consistent with your usual card activity, here’s what to expect:
- You will receive a text message from Fraud Services.
- Verify the authenticity of your card transaction.
- Respond to the text within 15 minutes or we’ll follow up with a phone call.
Text message alerts are sent from 8am – 9pm so that we won’t disrupt you in the middle of the night.
How to ensure fraud services work best for you
- Know that we’ll never ask for your full card number, full social security number, your PIN number, the expiration date on the card, or the CVC code on the back of the card.
- Choose One-Step Authentication, a simple process that sends a five-digit passcode via SMS text to your cell phone to confirm an action without going through the standard identification procedures.
- Make sure Kennebunk Savings has your most current cell phone number(s). Always notify us when you plan to travel.
- To update your personal contact information or notify us of your travel plans, call Customer Care at 800-339-6573 or visit your local branch.
More ways to protect yourself
Customers often ask us how they can stay informed about current scams and hazards out there. Knowledge is an effective way to fight fraud, so here’s a list of helpful resources to keep you up to date on fraudulent scams, viruses, spyware, and more.