Send and receive money with
Frequently asked questions
What is Zelle?
Who can I send money to with Zelle?
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1 , it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
How do I use Zelle?
- To get started, log into Kennebunk Savings’ online banking or mobile app, navigate to Bill Pay and select “Send Money with Zelle®”. Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you’re ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle.
- To send money using Zelle, simply add a trusted recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you’d like to send and an optional note, review, then hit “Send.” In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes1 .
- To request money using Zelle, choose “Request,” select the individual(s) from whom you’d like to request money, enter the amount you’d like to request, include an optional note, review and hit “Request”3.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle.
Other frequently asked questions:
Someone sent me money with Zelle, how do I receive it?
- If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle, follow these steps:
Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select Kennebunk Savings Bank.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification – you should enroll with Zelle using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
What types of payments can I make with Zelle?
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1 , Zelle should only be used to send money to friends, family and others you trust.
Neither Kennebunk Savings nor Zelle offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
How do I get started?
It’s easy — Zelle is already available within Kennebunk Savings’ mobile banking app and online banking within Bill Pay! Check our app or sign-in online and follow a few simple steps to enroll with Zelle today.
What if I want to send money to someone whose financial institution doesn’t offer Zelle?
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle here.
If your recipient’s financial institution isn’t on the list, don’t worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle by downloading the Zelle app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S. based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
How does Zelle work?
When you enroll with Zelle through your online banking Bill Pay account, or mobile banking app, your name, the name of your bank, and the email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled is shared with Zelle (no sensitive account details are shared – those stay with Kennebunk Savings ).
When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number, Zelle looks up the email address or mobile number in its “directory” and notifies of the incoming payment then directs the payment into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
Can I use Zelle internationally?
Can I cancel a payment?
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back. If you aren’t able to get your money back, please call customer services at 1-800-339-6573 so we can help you.
Scheduled or recurring payments sent directly to your recipient’s account number (instead of an email address or mobile number) are made available by but are a separate service from Zelle and can take 1 – 3 business days to process.
You can cancel a payment that is scheduled in advance if the money has not already been deducted from your account.
How long does it take to receive money with Zelle?
If you send money to someone who isn’t enrolled with Zelle, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will be available in your recipient’s account, and will be available typically within minutes1 .
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you’re waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you’ve received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven’t received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still having trouble? Please contact customer services at 1-800-339-6573.
Will the person I send money to be notified?
Is my information secure?
I’m unsure about using Zelle to pay someone I don’t know. What should I do?
If you don’t know the person, or aren’t sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle for these types of transactions.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don’t know is high risk). Neither Kennebunk Savings nor Zelle offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
What if I get an error message when I try to enroll an email address or U.S mobile number?
Once customer support moves your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, it will be connected to your account so you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle through the mobile banking app and online banking. Please call ‘s customer support toll-free at 1-800-339-6573 for help.