Account Opening Checklist
How to open a business account
We appreciate you choosing us as your financial partner for your business. As a first step, you’ll need to set up an appointment with us at one of our branches so we can understand what kind of accounts your business needs. Please call to set an appointment, and we’ll conduct a pre-appointment discussion to help you prepare for the meeting.
When you sit down with one of our Branch Representatives, make sure you have the following information with you:
- A current and valid Government-issued photo ID.
- Your Social Security number.
- Proof of address, so we can confirm that your business is located within York County, Maine, or Rockingham or Strafford Counties in New Hampshire. You can use a lease or mortgage agreement as verification.
- Proof of your business name and tax identification number.
- Any other documents or information discussed in your pre-appointment planning phone call.
See our Service Pricing Schedule for more information about business account types, fees, and additional services.