Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service Assistant
in Maine & New Hampshire
Location: Varies- see below for details
***This position qualifies for a shift differential***
Come and work with us at Kennebunk Savings. We value your professional expertise and appreciate you as a member of the community. You can be yourself here and use your passions, knowledge, and skills to help customers and advance your career. Is it any surprise we love what we do? We think you will, too.
What does a Customer Service Assistant do?
Our Customer Service Assistants provide a superior level of service while accurately and efficiently processing transactions. He/she will be knowledgeable of our company’s products and services to better meet the customer’s needs.
Transaction Processing/Cash handling
Process a variety of transactions accurately and efficiently, which may include deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, etc., accurately and efficiently verify incoming and outgoing cash, including daily balancing of cash drawer and/or TCR/TCD/ATM.
Displays the following attributes: friendly, outgoing, professional, courteous, projects a positive image, resolves problems quickly and efficiently, and is respectful to customers.
Maintains a working knowledge of company products and services in order to communicate effectively with customers. Proficient with technology required for this position.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Kennebunk Savings Brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to organizational policies and procedures
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
- None are required
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve technical, as well as, non-technical problems
- Prior knowledge of banking regulations is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
Desired Job Experience
- Experience in a professional, service focused and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Job family: Banking
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: High School Diploma
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or Maine/New Hampshire Human Rights Commissions, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.