Consumer Loan Originator
Consumer Loan Originator
Location: Kennebunk, ME
Come and work with us at Kennebunk Savings. We value your professional expertise and appreciate you as a member of the community. You can be yourself here and use your passions, knowledge, and skills to help customers and advance your career. Is it any surprise we love what we do? We think you will, too.
What does a Consumer Loan Originator do?
The Consumer Loan Originator will be part of a centralized team responsible for originating retail lending products including home equity lines, home equity loans and consumer loans. This role will be responsible for working directly with consumers to determine the best loan product for their needs, completing the required application on the Bank’s loan operating system while also delivering excellent customer service. The Consumer Loan Originator will work under direct guidance of the Retail Lending Manager and will be responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications and ensuring conformance with all applicable laws, regulations, and loan policies.
Delivers excellent customer service experience throughout the retail loan origination process:
- Responsible for managing the customer relationship by serving as the primary contact for the customer throughout the application process, actively communicating expectations, application timelines and providing guidance through loan closing.
- Works proactively with customers via their preferred contact method to collect all necessary documentation and information in order to submit complete loan applications within designated timelines.
- Collaborates with branch staff to coordinate in-person meetings with customers to initiate applications, collects documentation and/or completes loan closings.
- Partners closely with the Retail Credit Administration team to support timely processing, underwriting, and closing of each loan.
- Provides technical assistance to customers regarding usage of the Bank’s direct consumer application portal.
- Displays the following attributes: friendly, outgoing, professional, courteous, projects a positive image, and is respectful to customers. Responsible for independently resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
Ensures customer needs are fully uncovered through conversational information gathering in order to submit complete loan applications
- Originates complete, timely, and accurate applications for home equity lines, home equity loan, and consumer loans.
- Utilizes discovery questioning to ensure bank products are a good fit to the customer’s needs.
- Makes referrals to other business lines as appropriate to meet customer needs.
- Manages the loan pipeline to meet or exceed quarterly and/or annual business goals and internal/external customer expectations
Ensures applications and customer communications are compliant with all regulatory requirements, and maintains necessary accreditations as follows:
- Maintains detailed knowledge of lending regulations to ensure full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Meets all regulatory deadlines including those required by Reg B, HMDA, and TRID.
- Ensures HMDA and/or GMI reportable data is accurate and complete at the time of application.
- Keeps informed of upcoming regulatory changes, Bank portfolio requirements and guidelines, Bank policies and procedures, and stays abreast of current secondary residential mortgage market investor (FHLMC).
- Completes all assigned training and certifications as required to maintain a thorough working knowledge of all consumer and home equity policies, and the required accompanying documentation.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in loan operating systems, preferably Encompass
- Knowledge of secondary mortgage market investor requirements, in particular, FHLMC
- Experience with Fiserv Navigator and Director
- Displays a high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve technical, as well as, non-technical problems
- Prior knowledge of regulations within the financial services industry is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
- NMLS registration required
Desired Job Experience
- 2 years of experience in banking, with experience in residential or consumer origination, processing, or underwriting preferred
- Experience in a professional, service focused, and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Normally seated for extended periods of time
- Job family: Banking
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: High School Diploma
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or Maine/New Hampshire Human Rights Commissions, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.