Assistant Branch Manager – Float
Assistant Branch Manager – Float
Location: Kennebunk, Maine
Come and work with us at Kennebunk Savings. We value your professional expertise and appreciate you as a member of the community. You can be yourself here and use your passions, knowledge, and skills to help customers and advance your career. Is it any surprise we love what we do? We think you will, too.
What does an Assistant Branch Manager do?
The individual in this role assists with the daily management and general oversight of our branch locations in the absence of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Branch Manager. This individual will also be responsible for managing float staff employees which includes scheduling, coaching, mentoring and providing timely performance feedback. This role will provide a superior level of service, while being knowledgeable of company products and services and proficient in handling complex customer interactions/problem resolution.
- Manages and develops team skillset in sales and service activities through observation of customer interactions on a daily basis
- Identifies ways to improve the customer experience while actively sharing best practices, insights and problem solving methods with the entire float team and to branch employees where providing coverage.
- Provides ongoing regular coaching sessions and feedback to encourage staff development within the float pool
- Trains the team to support overall branch objectives by providing foundational knowledge and ongoing communication.
- Inspires exceptional performance in each staff member’s individual and collective role in how they can assist with attaining branch goals
Operations and Controls
- Responsible for assisting with direct oversight and management of branch operational, audit and compliance policies with float staff and in branches where providing coverage.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to support staff and ensures their compliance with the company’s policies and procedures, security practices, and various government regulations.
- Prepares and delivers all required operational, audit and compliance reporting within requested timeframes.
Sales and Customer Service
- Proficient in the sale and service of deposit and consumer loan products. Provides qualified referrals to other business lines.
- Meets assigned sales/referral goals and supports both branch and float staff in attainment of their goals.
- Develops, maintains, and participates in ensuring a positive customer experience by overseeing the physical appearance of the branch work environment, sales and service standards, customer communication, wait times, and service recovery.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Manages escalated/complex customer issues and ensures they are addressed and resolved in a timely manner in the absence of the Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager of assigned branch.
- Displays the following attributes: friendly, outgoing, professional, courteous, projects a positive image, resolves problems quickly and efficiently, and is respectful to customers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Kennebunk Savings Brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to organizational policies and procedures
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
- Registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Effectively delegates
- Displays willingness to make timely decisions using sound judgment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve technical, as well as, non-technical problems
- Prior knowledge of banking regulations is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
Desired Job Experience
- 2-3 years of related experience in people management and/or financial services
- 2 years of increasingly responsible experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in a professional, service focused and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Frequent travel to all branch locations required to provide coverage and meet with float employees as needed
- Flexibility of scheduling required to accommodate branch coverage needs
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Job family: Banking
- Pay Type: Salary
- Required Education: High School Diploma
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or Maine/New Hampshire Human Rights Commissions, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.