What is Google Pay and How Do I Use It?
Google Pay™ is a fast, simple way to pay for your purchases with an Android® smartphone1 or Android® smartwatch. Rather than searching for your debit card in your purse or wallet, simply tap a button on your device and hold it over the contactless payment terminal. It’s that easy! You can also make payments with Google Pay within certain apps.
How to get started / Download the app to your phone:
- Choose the Google Pay icon (pre-loaded on most Androids) and log in using your Google account information. (If your phone doesn’t have the app, download it from Google Play. If your do not already have a Google account, you can create one.)
- Once you are logged in, touch ADD CARD and take a picture of your card and follow the on-screen prompts, entering cardholder name, expiration date, and security code (CVV).
- Read and accept the terms and conditions and select AGREE TO ALL.
- You may be prompted to select a delivery method (text, email, or call) for receiving a one time passcode. Enter the code received and SUBMIT.
Congratulations—you are now ready to use the app anywhere digital payments are accepted!
How to make a payment with Google Pay in stores:
- Look for the symbols above at check out. Unlock your payment device (Android smartphone or Android smartwatch) and hold it to the payment terminal.
- Once payment has gone through, a confirmation will display on your device screen.
- Please note: some merchants and dollar amounts may require your signature or PIN.
TIP: You can set your preferred card—typically the debit account associated with your primary checking account—as the first payment option to automtically appear within your wallet app. To do this, simply select the card and click on “set as default”.
Google Pay™ provides an added layer of security for in-store and in-app purchases by enabling payments without having to use your physical card. While you make a purchase, your mobile device account number, along with a dynamic transaction-specific security code, is used to process the payment. Your actual debit card number is never shared with merchants or transmitted with the payment.
Don’t forget to download the Kennebunk Savings mobile app!
We know you can’t always make it in to a branch, so we’ve designed the Kennebunk Savings mobile app to make banking easier and available to you 24/7. Go to Google Play and search for Kennebunk Savings and download the app directly to your phone or click the button below to download directly from here.
1Google Pay works on Android devices running Android Lollipop 5.0 or above.Data rates may apply. Google Pay™ is a trademark of Google LLC.
Samsung™ is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.