Sales and Service Representative
Sales and Service Representative in Maine
Location: Varies – see below for details
***This position qualifies for a shift differential***
Come and work with us at Kennebunk Savings. We value your professional expertise and appreciate you as a member of the community. You can be yourself here and use your passions, knowledge, and skills to help customers and advance your career. Is it any surprise we love what we do? We think you will, too.
What does a Sales and Service Representative do?
Our Sales and Service Representative will provide a superior level of service and be highly proficient in processing transactions, which could include new account opening or more complex customer problem resolution. He/she will be knowledgeable of our company’s products and services to better meet the customer’s needs.
- Proficient in the sale and service of deposit and consumer loan products; provides qualified referrals to other business lines. Meets assigned sales/referral goals.
- Displays the following attributes: friendly, outgoing, professional, courteous, projects a positive image, resolves problems quickly and efficiently, and is respectful to customers.
- Provides support and assistance to other branch staff by maintaining proficiency with technology, policies and procedures in order to process a variety of transactions accurately and efficiently. Such transactions may include deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, verifying incoming/outgoing cash, and daily balancing of cash drawer/vaults.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Kennebunk Savings Brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to organizational policies and procedures
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
- Registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve technical, as well as, non-technical problems
- Prior knowledge of banking regulations is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
Desired Job Experience
- 1-2 years of related experience in financial services
- Experience in a professional, service focused and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Job family: Banking
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Required Education: High School Diploma
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or Maine/New Hampshire Human Rights Commissions, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.