Customer Care Team Leader
Customer Care Team Leader
Location: Kennebunk, Maine
Come and work with us at Kennebunk Savings. We value your professional expertise and appreciate you as a member of the community. You can be yourself here and use your passions, knowledge, and skills to help customers and advance your career. Is it any surprise we love what we do? We think you will, too.
What does a Cash Management Portfolio Manager do?
Under the guidance of the Assistant Manager, Customer Care, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, this role is responsible for the daily operations of a Customer Care team and will provide support for routing customers through the company’s various communication channels. The incumbent will manage escalated customer needs and will work directly with vendors regarding problem resolution. This position serves in a supervisor capacity and is responsible for organizational, people and financial management activities.
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and providing Problem Resolution:
- Responsible for fostering positive relationships with our customers and representing the bank in a positive light at all times.
- Develops training and best practices in support of delivering positive and effective customer service.
- Handles escalated customer issues and inquiries through effective problem resolution and exceptional customer service
- Proficient knowledge in the operational processes of Customer Care, Card Services, Deposit Services, and other operational departments
- Maintains proficient knowledge of company products and services as an internal subject matter expert prepared to deliver efficient resolution to customer issues
- Observes customer interactions on a daily basis to identify ways to improve efficiencies and customer outcomes.
- Actively shares best practices, insights and problem solving methods on a regular basis with the entire team.
- Responsible for Daily Operations of a Customer Care team:
- Provide day-to-day management and individual support of the Customer Care team including setting and managing priorities, establishing and driving timelines and other deliverables.
- Oversee employee activities related to handling customer calls, assisting with customer questions and resolving customer issues.
- Coach employees on communicating effectively with customers, offering guidance on key phrases, communication skills use of scripts to guide conversations.
- Mentor employees to help them develop active listening skills towards improving customer outcomes
- Responsible for assessing the work of the representatives and providing them feedback to maximize performance.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance Team Resource Management:
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Commercial Lenders, Branch Managers and departmental staff across the bank supporting the efforts of a seamless customer experience.
- Actively shares best practices, insights and problem solving methods, on a regular basis, with the entire team.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Organizational Management – Works closely with management to ensure efficient daily operations of the department or area
- People Management – Trains, motivates and provides performance feedback to employees. Exhibits strong leadership by creating and promoting a positive environment, influencing others to achieve common goals and fostering effective relationships
- Financial Management – Coordinates resources to meet department budget. Maintains an awareness and promotes activity that ensures the organization meets its overall financial goals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for onboarding activities
- Answer questions from staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Anticipate escalation and take over calls when needed
- Devise ways to optimize procedures and keep staff motivated
- Measure performance with key metrics such as call abandonment, calls waiting etc.
- Keep management informed on issues and problems
- Prepare monthly/annual results and performance reports
- Promotes the Kennebunk Savings Brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to applicable organizational policies/procedures and state/federal regulations
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of basic internet functionality is preferred
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Tech savvy with knowledge of telephone equipment and relevant computer programs
- Must possess leadership skills and the ability to motivate.
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and remain positive and patient
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve technical, as well as, non-technical problems
- Prior knowledge of regulations within the financial services industry is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics is preferred
Desired Job Experience
- 3+ years of banking sales and service experience is preferred
- Experience in a professional, service focused and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Normally seated for extended periods of time
- Job family: Banking
- Pay Type: Salary
- Travel Required: No
- Travel: 25%
- Required Education: High School Diploma
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or Maine/New Hampshire Human Rights Commissions, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.