Insurance Personal Lines Agent
Insurance Personal Lines Agent
Location: Kennebunk, Maine
Come and work with us at Kennebunk Savings Insurance. We value your professional expertise and appreciate you as a member of the community. You can be yourself here and use your passions, knowledge, and skills to help customers and advance your career. Is it any surprise we love what we do? We think you will, too.
What does an Insurance Personal Lines Agent – Non-Producer do?
- Process a variety of items inclusive of but not limited to: Binders, Policy Changes and ID cards, Claims, Cancellation Follow ups, client inquiries and communicate with carriers accurately and efficiently.
Renewal Review & Marketing
- Review and if necessary re-market existing accounts in order to provide the client with the strongest coverage for the best price. Accounts are generally average in complexity.
- The book of business must be retained at or above the agencies retention ratios.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes the Kennebunk Savings Brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to applicable organizational policies/procedures and state/federal regulations
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
- Property & Casualty License
- CIC,CISR or AAI designation preferred
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with Insurance Property & Casualty Coverages, Carriers & Products
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and Carrier websites.
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve coverage issues as well as identify client needs.
- Prior knowledge of Insurance Requirements is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
Desired Job Experience
- 5 years of related insurance experience
- Experience in a professional, service focused and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Normally seated for extended periods of time
- Job family: Insurance
- Pay Type: Salary
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: High School Diploma
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or Maine/New Hampshire Human Rights Commissions, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.