Assistant Branch Manager II
Assistant Branch Manager II
Location: Varies- see below for details
Come and work with us at Kennebunk Savings. We value your professional expertise and appreciate you as a member of the community. You can be yourself here and use your passions, knowledge, and skills to help customers and advance your career. Is it any surprise we love what we do? We think you will, too.
What does an Assistant Branch Manager II do?
The Assistant Branch Manager II assists with the daily management of branch operations and general oversight of the branch, for which they’re scheduled, in the absence of the assigned Branch Manager and/or Assistant Branch Manager. This position will manage the float pool, including making hiring recommendations, scheduling staff, and preparing and delivering coaching feedback and performance evaluations for the float employees. This person will provide a superior level of service and be highly proficient in new account opening and complex customer problem resolution. He/she will be knowledgeable of our company’s products and services to meet the customer’s needs. Responsible for organizational, people and financial management activities.
- Operations and Controls – Responsible for direct oversight and management of branch operational, audit and compliance policies and procedures. Provides ongoing training and support to staff and ensures their compliance with the company’s policies and procedures, security, and various government regulations.
- Sales – Proficient in the sale and service of deposit and consumer loan products; provides qualified referrals to other business lines. Supports and assists in the development and management of branch sales strategies. Meets assigned sales/referral goals.
- Customer Service – Displays the following attributes: friendly, outgoing, professional, courteous, projects a positive image, resolves problems quickly and efficiently, and is respectful to customers.
- Organizational Management – Works closely with management to ensure efficient daily operations of the department or area
- People Management – Trains, motivates and provides performance feedback to employees. Exhibits strong leadership by creating and promoting a positive environment, influencing others to achieve common goals and fostering effective relationships
- Financial Management – Coordinates resources to meet department budget. Maintains an awareness and promotes activity that ensures the organization meets its overall financial goals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Kennebunk Savings Brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to organizational policies and procedures
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
- Registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve technical, as well as, non-technical problems
- Prior knowledge of banking regulations is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
Desired Job Experience
- 2-3 years of related experience in financial services
- 2 years of increasingly responsible experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in a professional, service focused and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Job family: Banking
- Pay Type: Salary
- Required Education: High School Diploma
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or Maine/New Hampshire Human Rights Commissions, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.